Thursday, August 7, 2008

WesFest





My interpretation of a Wes Anderson's Film Festival poster series looks like this:
I wanted to show the humor of each film through the posters. I chose a significant dialog from the story to give a hint of what the movie is about but also just be able to be funny and quirky in context. I used iconic images in the movies environment as oppose to the characters themselves- it works with the illustration style that I decided to go with. The colors are mainly of three combinations- values of yellow, blue and green. I tried to distribute them fairly evenly throughout the posters for contrast and variations. I also wanted to have different textures to stress a paper cutout feel. One can look at it and decide what catches their eye more- the text or the image. You decide.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Life Aquatic one the most :) I also love the illustrations, it seems to match the style of the movies perfectly.

MelmoTheGreat said...

I read your Toulouse LaTrec post. You incorporated your non-digital works of art that gave your piece textures and a certain kick to it. It was pretty cool. Did you get some sort of inspiration from LaTrec and his flickering brush technique? But your posters came out really great.