Friday, September 19, 2008

ideas and sketches







I'm leaning towards a modern/high end approach to the packaging I have chosen to redesign. The brand is Maldon Crystal Sea Salt so I decided to go off of the name and incorporate the "crystal" into the design of the package itself by converting to a glass container. The actual salt particles have a unique pyramid shaped to them so I thought using the actual shaped of the product as inspiration for the package by shaping the glass like a pyramid. Although aesthetically it works and it has a concept it also needs to be functional. My whole motive for redesigning this brand is so it could be functional in a way that it would be easy to work with in the kitchen when you're cooking - a wide container allows you to just grab as much or as little as you need - hence the sketches above. So I figured an upside down pyramid would serve the functionality part I'm going for. It may actually need to be a little wider than the sketch but you get the idea - the hard part is finding a container like that. An alternate solution is to use a wide cylindrical container like the sketch above it which I know I could find.
But what would work the best?

No comments: