DVD packaging- this is a tricky one. Movie or music? How about both- movies plus a bonus music disc collection. Let's go back- back to the 80's, where The Brat Pack defined a generation in American pop culture and presented us with some great tunes that we will always associate with these great 80's classics. To name a few- The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, and St. Elmo's Fire. Some may consider one movie more of an obvious "Brat Pack" movie over the other. I love them all; however, when I think of The Brat Pack the movies that come to mind are The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Pretty in Pink.
There is an existing DVD box set for The Brat Pack:

It's pretty simple- it has a composited image taken from The breakfast Club's original movie poster/VHS box cover.

Here are the others:


These look outdated- because it is and I want to definitely maintain that 80's nostalgia appeal but add a bit more design to it with graphic elements besides just a photo of the characters.
I will add another blog with more research and ideas on what direction I would like to go with repackaging this DVD box set.
1 comment:
a first in my classes... interesting selections.
its more like the Molly Ringwald collectors set.
Looking forward to ideas.
Joe
Post a Comment